Monday, November 21, 2011
Rose Court Farms to Ride in Summerville Christmas Parade
I have been talking with Rob, Mary and Annette about Rose Court participating in this year’s Summerville Christmas Parade. “And it’s a GO for anyone & everyone who are interested!” No Registration Fee will be required from you but there will be a green-themed tee shirt required for all participants (details below).
The parade is scheduled for Sunday, December 11th, at 2:00 PM. This year’s parade is being hosted by Summerville D.R.E.A.M. (Downtown Restoration, Enhancement and Management) and the Summerville Fire Department. This year’s theme is “DREAMing of a GREEN Christmas – Recycle, Reuse, Renew.” All parade entries must reflect this theme.
Check in and line up will begin at 11 AM and all entrants must be at their assigned line up no later then 1:15 PM (otherwise the Parade Officials can deny any rider entry into the parade). (More details will be forwarded to each of you as the Parade date approaches, but for now I wanted to get this message out there and get preliminary information from those of you who plan to participate.)
To go along with this year’s parade theme, Rose Court Farms message may be “GO GREEN, RIDE A HORSE.” But if you have other ideas, please let us know. We’re thinking we’d all wear GREEN tee shirts with the 3-color Rose Court logo; the horse & riders will be followed by the “Compost Collector” (Gator pulling a mini muck wagon). Also, we already have GREEN face paint, a “Recycle Symbol” stencil, and sponge applicators that you can use to paint GREEN recycle symbols on your horse.
For me to get started on our registration form, I will need some initial information from those of you who plan to participate. If you want to ride your horse in the parade as part of our wonderful Rose Court Farms family, please respond to this email ASAP with the following info:
1. REGISTRATION: Send an email to Faith Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating:
• Rider’s Name?
• What horse will be ridden?
• Complete name and age of rider as this information is required on the Parade Application form.
• Who will be transporting your horse?
2. ORDER TEE SHIRT with ROSE COURT LOGO: Contact Annette (email@example.com) no later than this coming Monday, Nov 21st. (sorry for short notice, but Annette has to order all of the shirts at one time to get the best pricing and to get the shirts in time for parade). We’ve picked the GREEN color for parade shirts & Rob has provided the 3-color Rose Court logo but Annette needs the following individual information:
• $7.00 each. Please give your checks to Annette and make checks payable to Rob so Annette can get this group pricing. (The shirts are green regular short sleeve and will have 3-color Rose Court logo). Annette will take the consolidated money and will place the order. Hey Annette: please feel free to provide additional information to the group.
Deadline for submitting our application is Friday, December 2nd.
Hope everyone can participate!!!! Stay tuned for more specifics as we get closer to the event. Also, your feedback and suggestions for adhering to the parade’s GREEN theme would be most appreciated.
Best wishes for a safe and happy Thanksgiving Holiday!