|2012 Summerville Christmas Parade by Eric Morris|
by Diana Whittaker
Hello, everyone, and happy holidays! Here are the updates for all Rose Court Farms parade participants, whether riding or walking. All requirements have been finalized by Rob.
FOR ALL RIDERS
18 years old or younger are required to wear a helmet.
- Riders are to wear Santa hats. If you are wearing a helmet please make sure you can slide the Santa hat over it.
- Riders need to purchase and wear a camo Rose Court shirt. Temperatures depending, long sleeved white shirts will be worn under Rose Court Shirts. If you did not order a camo Rose Court shirt, you will not be able to participate.
- Riders need to wear jeans, blue preferred.
- Riders should wear tall riding boots, cowboy boots, or chaps. If wearing boots, jeans need to be tucked into boots.
FOR ALL HORSES
- Camo horse pad and leg wraps (please be sure to confirm with me on English or Western).
- Bandanas wrapped around the headband of the horses bridle. Colors need to be red or blue.
- Red duct tape wrapped around the horses hooves (Rob will cover this expense).
- Beards attached to the bottom of horses nose band (Rob will cover this expense). Please be sure to let me know if you want a beard for your horse, so I can inform Rob of the amount needed.
- Bows and/or ribbons braided into the mane and tail of horses. Must be Christmas colors. Red and white are the preferable colors as to keep with the theme of a sweet southern Christmas.
- Bell harness allowed if desired.
- Candy canes or any other candy cane colored items may be added to mane and tail if desired.
- Moss to hang from saddle.
- Walkers are required to wear Santa hats, sunglasses (provided by Rob), and their Rose Court Camo shirts. Again depending on temperatures, white long sleeve shirts are to be worn under the Rose Court shirt. If you did not order a Rose Court shirt, you will not be able to participate.
- Jeans are required and blue is preferred.
- Boots are preferred. Please make sure your jeans are tucked into your boots.
This is the time to show your creativity with your horse's mane and tail. We look forward to seeing your ideas!
Please do not go to great lengths and money for the items required. The parade is only an hour long. You can purchase Santa hats and bandanas at Walmart. Santa hats were priced at $2.97. Bandanas shouldn't be more than 5 dollars. We will not have a float this year. Everyone who is participating is either a rider or a walker. Rob is providing sunglasses, horses beards and duct tape for hooves. All other items are the responsiblity of the riders/walkers. If you are willing to volunteer to carry the banner, drive the gator, or help with other activities, please let me know ASAP.
We are doing a practice ride on Saturday, November 23, at noon. Please do everything you can to attend. If you are not able to participate in the practice ride, you may not being able to ride in the parade. Rob intends to make sure that all horses and riders/walkers will be safe, as some horses may not be able to handle the stress and chaos. Faith is covering our entry fee, and Rob is covering trailering of the horses. Participants will be responsible for their own transportation to the parade. You are also responsible for all tack and items needed for your horse. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org My number is (843) 906-4744.
Thank you so much and have a happy holiday season!
a.k.a Malibu's mommy!